Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Oscars: Final Predictions

So here is my shortlist, final predictions for tomorrow night's Academy Awards.

Best Supporting Actress: Mo'Nique
Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz
Best Actress: Sandra Bullock
Best Actor: Jeff Bridges
Best Original Screenplay: Inglourious Basterds
Best Adapted Screenplay: Up in the Air
Best Director: Kathryn Bigelow
Best Picture: Avatar

EDIT

Best Picture: I have no effing clue. I really don't feel comfortable coming down on either Avatar or Hurt Locker. I want it to be Hurt Locker, but I genuinely have no idea.

2 comments:

  1. I think I've said this in another post, but it's a sentiment that always needs constant reminder: If Avatar gets Best Picture, I think I will vomit. I very much dislike the "Oh, but we have to give them -something-" politics that's in the Oscars, and honestly, that's the only reason I can think as to why Avatar would win Best Picture. (I, uh, really didn't like this movie.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want it to be Avatar, but I think it's entirely possible that they'll give Bigelow director and Cameron picture, cuz honestly, they sort of mean the same thing. I am making this prediction just because I get pessimistic about these things, but I reeeaally hope I'm wrong about it.

    ReplyDelete