Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Golden Globe Nominee Round-up (TV Edition)

That last post was long enough so I decided to do a separate one for the TV awards, which this year are just as interesting as the film ones. So let’s just dive right in here.

BEST TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA

Big Love

Dexter

House M.D.

Mad Men

True Blood

Does anyone honestly not think it’s going to be Mad Men?

WILL WIN: Mad Men

COULD WIN: I honestly can’t put anything here without laughing

BEST TELEVISION SERIES – MUSICAL or COMEDY

Entourage

Glee

The Office

Modern Family

30 Rock

IT’S ON. Seriously though, I really really think this might be the end of 30 Rock’s winning streak. Between Modern Family and Glee (which I’m pretty sure is the first television show to actually constitute the ‘Musical’ side of this category) Tina had better start watching her back. But now the question, which will beat it?

WILL WIN: I DON’T KNOW!

COULD WIN: Whoever wins the battle to the death between Glee, 30 Rock, and Modern Family. Holy shit. Can you imagine that battle? That would be amazing. I wonder who I have to call to make that happen.

SKIPPING OVER MINISERIES CUZ ITS BORING AS SHIT

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR – MUSICAL OR COMEDY

Alec Baldwin – 30 Rock

Steve Carell – The Office

David Duchovny – Californication

Thomas Jane – Hung

Matthew Morrison – Glee

Even though 30 Rock might not win, I still think Alec Baldwin will. Mainly because Matthew Morrison, by the laws of all that is holy, cannot, and I mean CANNOT win. Seriously, I mean this, if Matthew Morrison wins, I am going to find a kitten and punch it in the face. He is the WORST part of Glee.

WILL WIN: Alec Baldwin

COULD WIN: NOT MATTHEW MORRISON

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS – MUSICAL OR COMEDY

Toni Collette – United States of Tara

Courteney Cox – Cougar Town

Edie Falco – Nurse Jackie

Tina Fey – 30 Rock

Lea Michele – Glee

LEA. MICHELE. YES. I really like all the actresses in this category but I am SO excited that Lea Michele is nominated especially. I’ll be surprised if she wins, but the fact they’re recognizing her like that is huge. GOOD ON YOU, LEA.

WILL WIN: Idk, probs Tina Fey.

COULD WIN: Toni Collette

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR – DRAMA

Simon Baker – The Mentalist

Michael C. Hall – Dexter

Jon Hamm – Mad Men

Hugh Laurie – House M.D.

Bill Paxton – Big Love

This might be Jon Hamm’s second opportunity at this because let’s not forget that this season on Mad Men DON. DRAPER. CRIED. Holy god that episode was incredible. I think he’s got a very very good shot. Also, no Brian Cranston? Did that show go off the air?

WILL WIN: Jon Hamm or Hugh Laurie (seriously, they love awarding that guy)

COULD WIN: Michael C. Hall

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS – DRAMA

Glenn Close – Damages

January Jones – Mad Men

Julianna Margulies – The Good Wife

Anna Paquin – True Blood

Kyra Sedgwick – The Closer

Now, I remember last year HFPA you decided to give this award to Anna Paquin. It’s taken a lot, but I have forgiven you for this mistake. Hopefully this year you have seen the error of your ways and acknowledged that even though January Jones may or may not be functionally retarded, SHE IS AMAZING ON THAT SHOW. Seriously, Betty owned so much of this season.

WILL WIN: Probs Glenn Close

COULD WIN: Please January Jones!

I didn’t want to do all the supporting categories cuz frankly, I don’t care all that much, but I would like to point out that JANE LYNCH is nominated for Glee, and will probably win. So…YAY. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment