Monday, July 12, 2010

Trailer for Woody Allen's "You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger"



Well...it's definitely a Woody Allen movie. Stylistically it seems very similar to Vicky Cristina Barcelona. I'm always conflicted by his writing because on the one hand I love love love the way he crafts dialogue, but on the other hand, he writes some of the most obnoxious and downright detestable characters in cinema. I think I am one of the few people who absolutely cannot stand either Alvy Singer OR Annie Hall, and I have never loathed a film character quite as much as Jonathan Rhys Meyers in Match Point. That said, Vicky Cristina Barcelona is one of my favorite films of the last five years and with a cast as good as the one in Stranger, I am definitely looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment